Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dancing with the Stars 2010 cast voting: Niecy Nash gets serious (video)

Niecy Nash as we're used to seeing her, smiling. With Louis Van Amstel.
I don't know about you, but I've come to love Niecy Nash. She seems like someone who would be fun to know, but Monday night, she and her professional partner, Louis Van

Amstel, go serious and we saw a softer more somber side of Nash. Their story was about an interracial love story at a time when it was forbidden (and that wasn't so long ago) as they danced the waltz to "With You I'm Born Again" by Billy Preston and Syreeta Wright.

Nash seemed a bit unsure of herself and there were a few stumbles.
Len Goodman told them he thought it was very brave to attempt to create a story with absolutely no props. He thought emotionally, they got it just right, but she needs to work on her technique.
Bruno Tonioli called it a tale of love surviving all odds, but noted that she did stumble a bit. Like the other dancers, she needed to work on her feet.
Carrie Ann Inaba though it was a very important story to tell, but it confused her. She didn't understand the ending because the bittersweet energy stayed throughout. I think I understand that bittersweetness because such a choice requires a lot of sacrifices.
Of course, Nash talked about her boyfriend in the rehearsal package and got teary. Van Amstel also mentioned he was in a similar situation and that started searches for his lover and discussions as to whether he is gay.
People does it matter. What matters now is your vote. Don't let Nash and Van Amstel go because they are so entertaining, much more so than the top scoring two couples. They scored a 21 with straight sevens.Dancing with the Stars 2010 vote & Erin Andrews death threats: Updates. Despite a series of death threats, ESPN correspondent Erin Andrews has decided to dance in ABC's 'Dancing With the Stars." Andrews has recently received a number of letters from a Virginia man warning threat to her life.
Andrews, expected to perform waltz with her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy in DWTS on Monday said that she is too much dedicated to ABC's show. Death threats will not stop her from taking part in the popular show.
"I'm glad I'm here," Andrews said "I have a dance on Monday and I don't want to let Maks down, I don't want to let my family down, and I don't want to let myself down."
Earlier, it was reported that a Virginia man, whom police has so far identified has sent letters saying he wanted to see Andrews die. "I would love to get close enough to her to show her my suicide vest, said the man. Meanwhile, FBI has started investigation against him, said Erin's lawyer.
The man also said that he has been waiting for Erin's death. "I hope she gets shot in the face. I would love to see if she can dance away from a hail of gunfire. That would really make my day."
"I'm not going to stop living my life. I don't quit on things. It's not an option for me," said Andrews in response to death threats.

No comments:

Post a Comment