Thursday, January 28, 2010

Obama delivers on sincerity

He was eloquent. He drew applause. And wow, did he ever offer up a range of tax cut proposals! I should be thrilled.

I am not.

Obama is on the right track with tax cut proposals. My issue is that his proposals are all targeted tax cuts. Targeted toward government desired behaviors. And, I admit, targeted toward behaviors that I approve. “The package will target four areas: Small businesses, infrastructure, clean energy, and assistance to states to keep teachers, firefighters and other public employees on the job,” according to CNN.

However, We the People need tax cuts that we use in whatever way we decide and we need cuts that all taxpayers receive; not a pre-selected group that fits a bureaucrat’s criteria.

Obama wants to help. I have no doubt that he is sincere. But his method will build more dependency on government while increasing the government’s power. I believe we need to strengthen the American individual. Our national character, the character that created this great nation and delivers in every crisis will shape the future, not the government.

Sincerity of belief in We the People.

No comments:

Post a Comment