Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's Official: Tomorrow's The Last Show

We've been beating around the proverbial bush for most of the past week, but it's finally official:

Tomorrow will be the last episode of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.

Since the deal was finally signed last night, we had a big meeting in the studio today, where we found out what happens next... And what happens next is this: Meetings with Human Resources to fill out paperwork and all that other good stuff - and then wrap, which basically means dismantling the whole big top circus and shoving it into boxes that will go... Who knows where! Maybe in the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark? Maybe into a grandparent's attic? Maybe we just pile it all up and set it aflame while Grave digger comes back and does a sweetass jump over the whole thing? Who knows! (personally I'm voting for the last one because fire and monster trucks is a totes awesome combination)

Regardless, I have, how do you say... Beaten the system. How did I do that, you ask? Easy! I am a terrible procrastinator, and since we only moved out here 7 months ago, I still hadn't gotten around to unpacking all the stuff I brought with me from New York:

bleyunderdesk.jpg

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Aaron = 1, NBC = 0. Let it burn, suckas!


Our penultimate show this evening promises to be more Miss-It-And-You're-A-Moron TV: We've got the great Robin Williams and the legendary Barry Manilow on the show tonight... As well as ANOTHER great cameo on tonight's show that I can't tell you about! (By the way, how awesome was it to see The Masturbating Bear last night?! I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE AMAZING. Trust in the Bley to take you home, baby).

Anyway, we've been having such a fun time looking back on all these great moments from our show out here, I thought... Why not look back on some of the great remote pieces that we've done? Ready?!

No comments:

Post a Comment