Saturday, January 30, 2010

Apple’s iPad: Never use Apple’s iPad

I have 5 reasons why I would never use the iPad in my day to day life.iPad fever had reached sky high until Apple man Steve Jobs unveiled the much awaited product at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco. But all the fizz is going down fast. There is no doubt that the gadget is cool but it’s becoming hard for me to relate to it in my daily life.

* No camera – So I would still need my iPhone.
* Storage – What do I do with a max of 64 GB storage? I would still need my laptop to store movies, and a bunch of my videos.
* Portability – Call it portable but I would still prefer reaching my pocket to email via iphone rather than reaching my bag forthe iPad while I m on the plane.
* Comfort – Now this is a million dollar question, while I am on the go and I need to type stuff, how do I type and hold the iPad at the same time? I still need my laptop for that.
* Flash – It surfs the web just fine but hello where is the flash? So I still need my laptop to visit websites with flash.

So the iPad, which promised to bridge gap between the laptop and the smart phones thus reducing our work and gadget load, has originally found itself into a nowhere land between my iPhone and my laptop. Even if I carrythe iPad, I still would need my laptop and iPhone to carry out specific tasks.

So instead of reducing my load from two gizmos (laptop and smart phone) to one, I have to carry three gizmos now! What’s the point? I can take the pain of reading my eBooks on my iPhone with my eye working just fine and I have no intentions of spending a truck load of money to have a gadget that only helps me read eBooks in a bigger screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment